Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fishing the Lower Provo, April 20th, 2009

The weather has recently been turning more Spring-like. We have had a rainy and snowy Spring so far, but there it is the latter half of April and we're finally seeing some warm temperatures and sunshine.

The lower Provo fished very slowly. I caught only one fish in four hours of wading. I tried five different midges, three different sow bugs, a baetis, and even a pheasant tail, and still didn't do very well. But if it's any consolation, I was watching the fishermen above me and below me, and I never saw anyone else catch anything.

The river level was normal--not too high and not low. In fact, it was just right. I fished Pine Run as well as near the island, which are typically very reliable areas for fish. Maybe the warm temperatures caught the fish by surprise and they're seeing different insect activity? Who knows, but I'll get out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers